MCDOCS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

November 5th update: did the code re-obfusicate?

2 posters

Go down

November 5th update: did the code re-obfusicate? Empty November 5th update: did the code re-obfusicate?

Post  Cheeseyx Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:45 pm

Does anyone know whether or not it was re-obfuscated?

Cheeseyx

Back to top Go down

November 5th update: did the code re-obfusicate? Empty Re: November 5th update: did the code re-obfusicate?

Post  Obibital Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:54 pm

I dont know what that means, but if i find out, then ill tell you.
Obibital
Obibital

Back to top Go down

November 5th update: did the code re-obfusicate? Empty Re: November 5th update: did the code re-obfusicate?

Post  Cheeseyx Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:01 pm

The obfuscation is when all the class files and method names are renamed like dr or fg, to make it hard for cheaters/code stealers to use the code, and also to protect his intellectual property (minecraft).

Cheeseyx

Back to top Go down

Post  Obibital Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:11 pm

Well, i just decompiled that actual Minecraft files after working with Java for about 4 hours to see how things are put together.

My brain isn't very happy.

Ill be out looking for explanations specifying stuff in the minecraft code.
Obibital
Obibital

Back to top Go down

Post  Cheeseyx Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:18 pm

Oh, don't try to understand all the code. I suggest you start with a basic mod using Risugami's modloader. That is what I started with, and allows you to integrate mods without editing the default files (for the most part).

Cheeseyx

Back to top Go down

Post  Obibital Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:06 pm

Cheeseyx wrote:Oh, don't try to understand all the code. I suggest you start with a basic mod using Risugami's modloader. That is what I started with, and allows you to integrate mods without editing the default files (for the most part).

heh, good.

all i saw was a bunch of damn numbers.
Obibital
Obibital

Back to top Go down

Post  Cheeseyx Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:07 pm

It didn't, but yesterdays update obfuscated it. Luckily, Risugami and the other modders on #risucraft helped me get my mod working again

Cheeseyx

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down